A crazy hail storm just rolled through your neighborhood, what do you do? As homeowners, you probably have been trained to contact your insurance company right away, but what happens after that? If you’re like most homeowners, you are probably sick to your stomach with worry about damage to your property, and you want it fixed ASAP, but before you start frantically dialing your insurance agent to file a claim, there are a couple things you should do first to ensure that you and your property get the best possible care and attention:
- Contact a trusted contractor – like us. We will come out and do a complementary property inspection, covering EVERYTHING from ground to roof. We provide you with a photo report of our inspection and we will be transparent and let you know if you actually NEED to contact insurance.
- If you do need a repairs or replacement, we will assist you in contacting insurance and filing your storm claim. In Colorado, you have up to 1 year from the date of loss to do this, but we want to help you get it taken care of ASAP.
- Insurance will send out an adjuster to conduct their own inspection and assess the scope of damage. YOU WANT A CONTRACTOR ON SITE DURING THIS APPOINTMENT. Don’t let insurance try to come without a second pair of eyes on everything. In the state of Colorado, insurance adjusters are not required to be licensed. Most are not looking at repairs through the eyes of a contractor. We are here to advocate on your behalf and make sure you get the claim settled properly and the work done right the first time.
- Once the insurance company has given you a summary of the damage, we will take a look at your documents and make sure that they covered EVERYTHING that they are supposed to – especially to ensure that your repairs are done properly and up to code. If they have not included certain items, we will go to bat for you to make sure that they get covered – this will not increase your out of pocket cost or your insurance premiums.
- Once everything is settled with insurance, we will proceed with your project
You have insurance for a reason, let them pay to put the best possible products on your home. Do not let anyone take advantage of you during this crazy time. Fight to get everything properly covered. Hire someone you can trust to not cut corners or take advantage of you. This is an overwhelming process, we are here to take it out of your hands.